Frequently Asked Questions
Please ensure a flat and level surface on which to build and locate your product.
For larger items such as our Sheds, we recommend that you use a wooden or concrete base as a foundation.
For external access during assembly, please make sure you allow sufficient clearance around all sides of the shed to enable assembly on the prepared surface and between the shed and walls, fences, foliage, etc. This includes full access for a step-ladder. For the best results, and because of the product’s size and weight, it is recommended that you construct the shed where it will be permanently sited.
The Measurements section on each product page detail both the external and internal dimensions of our sheds.
Please note that the external dimensions relate to the maximum height, width and depth of the shed. Because of the overhang on the eaves, the external width and depth dimensions shown are therefore not identical to the footprint (ie floor dimensions).
If you are planning to lay a concrete or other base underneath the shed and want this to be hidden from view, you can find the floor dimensions of each shed in the Specifications section of the product page. The internal and external dimensions are also repeated in this section.
The floor dimension information is also included in the Assembly Instructions that come with our products, and which can also be accessed in the Hassle-Free Assembly section of each product page on this website.
Keter products are designed for easy, straightforward assembly, and involve no special DIY skill. Our Storage Boxes can generally be put together in minutes, while most of our Store It Out series can usually be built inside an hour. Even our very larger Sheds can often be constructed in an afternoon.
Guidance and recommendations on the tools required for individual products are detailed in the Hassle-Free Assembly section of each product page on this website, as well as in our assembly instructions. To summarise here:
- Our highly popular Store It Out series requires only a screwdriver, power-drill and protective gloves for quick self-assembly.
- Our Garden Sheds similarly require only standard household tools for assembly: in this case, a screwdriver, power drill, mallet, adjustable spanner and stepladder. We recommend the use of safety gloves and goggles for added protection.
- Many of our Garden Boxes involve simple, click-together, assembly. The remainder need only a screwdriver and protective gloves.
- Finally, our Garden Furniture Lounge Sets come complete with a turn-key, or are click-fit, and therefore require no additional hand-tools to complete the job. Our Dining Tables may require a screwdriver, but that is about it.
Additionally, all necessary fixtures and fittings are included with your product – there are no extra screws, etc to buy.
All of which makes for a hassle-free solution that saves you time!
Our assembly instructions contain clear advice, guidance and recommendations on each stage of the assembly process and can be directly downloaded from the relevant product page.
Additionally, the Hassle-Free Assembly section on each product page of this website details the recommended number of people for that specific item.
As a brief overview here:
- We recommend two person self-assembly for our Garden Sheds, particularly to facilitate the placement and fixture of the walls and roof, as well as for our Store It Outs and larger Garden Boxes.
- Our smaller Garden Boxes and Garden Furniture can normally be assembled quickly and easily by just a single person.
In all cases, assembly requires no special DIY skill and involves standard household tools, for quick, easy construction.
For any additional assembly tips or advice, just click on the Contact Us tab, select the appropriate drop-down menu option (“Other”) and complete the enquiry form. We’ll get back to you with the details as soon as we can.
If you have lost, or require another copy of, the assembly instructions for any of our products, simply visit the relevant product page on this website within the ‘Hassle - Free Assembly’ section.
Just click on the Contact Us tab, select the appropriate drop-down menu option (“I want to register my product for warranty”), and submit the form including date, source and proof of purchase, in return for peace of mind.
Keter products are made of tough, hard-wearing resin, with steel reinforcement where appropriate, in order to stand up to the elements with a minimum of maintenance and fading.
Unlike timber products, there is no need for annual treatment, painting or re-felting. If required, an occasional simple wash-down or gentle pressure wash is all that is necessary to keep Keter Garden items looking clean and just like new, season after season, so that you can get on with the more important things in life!
Keter products are designed to last for many years of performance and enjoyment.
In the unlikely event that a part is broken or missing, our Consumer Services team offers a spares and replacement service on many of our key product parts.
To contact them, just click on the Contact Us tab, select the appropriate drop-down menu option (“I have an issue with my product”), and complete the online form. The form will provide options to select from on the nature of your specific issue. You should also upload an image of the issue together with your proof of purchase. Finally, as detailed in our assembly instructions, each product part has a code; please reference the relevant code if at all possible.
Even if your product is out of warranty, we may still be able to help you purchase new parts. Just drop us a line for further details!
Manufactured in a unique compound called Duotech™, the walls of our Oakland and Artisan Sheds can be decorated with water-based acrylic paint for exterior use. We recommend solid, light shades, satin or a semi-gloss finish. Please keep in mind that painting requires maintenance, and therefore after some time, re-painting may be required.
So now you have the freedom to personalise your shed, or to match it to your landscape, patio, decking or outdoor setting and create your own Amazing Space.
Although we quite like our sheds the way they are!
To identify a retail stockiest for any of the items detailed on this website, please visit the individual product page and click on the Where to Buy option.
The drop-down menu will tell you the rest!
Keter stands behind the products we make and warrant to the person who originally purchased the product from an authorized retailer that Keter products will be free from manufacturing defects for the applicable warranty period. In the rare instance of exception and upon receiving proof of purchase and defect, Keter will replace defective parts or provide a prorated refund for the remaining life of warranty, in accordance with the warranty for each product.
- Proof or purchase and proof of damage or defect is required to submit a claim.
- This warranty covers product failure resulting from defects in manufacturing or materials from the date of original purchase from an authorized retailer for the warranty period.
- This warranty does not cover problems resulting from misuse, normal wear and tear or acts of nature.
- Keter is not responsible for any loss incurred by consumer and/or third parties or damage to or loss of objects.
- Upon submitting proof of purchase and evidence of the claimed product failure, and subject to reporting the failure in a timely manner, Keter, at its sole discretion, will replace defective parts of the Product, or refund you a prorated portion of the purchase price.
You can choose to pay with Klarna on selected products. If you choose to pay by Klarna, you will be directed to the Klarna site to 'Log In' and review the amount to be paid before completing your purchase. Klarna's T&Cs will apply.
For more information on making a purchase with Klarna, please click here.
Klarna's Pay in 3 and Pay in 30 days are unregulated credit agreements. Borrowing more than you can afford or paying late may negatively impact your financial status and ability to obtain credit. 18+, UK residents only. Subject to status. T&Cs and late fees apply.
If a product is out of stock and you sign up to be notified when the product comes back into stock, we will send an email to the email address provided.
If the product does not come back into stock within 3 months or we have less than 5 units available, we will not send you an email.
If we notify you that the product is back in stock, but it then goes out of stock again, you will not automatically be notified when the product is once again back in stock. To receive another notification, you will need to sign up again.